Friday, July 10, 2009

The trip here...


I am feeling much more rested, so I can share more about the trip, now. First, there were several opportunities where the Lord showed his hand on our trip. We were delayed by about 45 minutes in Indy. We don't know why. However, the pilot "hauled tail" to use a DJ phrase and got us to Atlanta at almost the same time we would have originally arrived. This was good because as soon as we got to our gate, they began boarding!


Second, DJ and I were able to get an emergency exit row which meant twice as much leg room. This was a blessing! The flight was really long for me. I only slept in spurts, even though I took a sleeping pill. I was so tired but I just couldn't stay asleep. I found myself envying those stretched across three seats snoring! :) But, the Lord provided a rest day today so it worked out fine.


Third, when we arrived, DJ discovered he had forgotten his phone on the plane! We knew we couldn't go back and everyone around us that could help spoke only Portuguese. I was really praying. Well, I got through the paperwork phase faster than the other two and our pilots were coming through at the same time. I went up to one and told him of our predicament. He and another pilot stayed with me until we found someone who could help. This lady was walking towards us with a bag and she heard what we were asking. She said, "What row were you sitting in?" I told her and she pulled it out of her bag! Praise the Lord! We were so thankful!


Lastly, we all made it fine through customs. The guy made me open my bag and show him the computer monitor I was carrying in my travel chest I was the only one stopped. We were really thankful because the lady in front of us had to unpack all her bags!


Upon arriving, we drove an hour through the countryside. I was amazed by the differences and the similarities. In the US, when we came upon houses and neighborhoods, they were all symmetrical...almost identical. Here, if there is one building, there's one hundred all stacked on top of each other, carving out the hillsides. We didn't get to take a picture of these yet but we will try before our time is up. We also saw sugarcane, fields and fields of produce, and lots of people.


Our compound is wonderful. There is a pool and an international school in the same building as our room. Our room is nice and private with a bathroom and one of the only balconies! It has something else we're really thankful for...an airconditioner! Wow! The Lord has really blessed us.


Today, after lunch, we went out to the trees at the front of the compound and found we have tiny monkeys living in the trees there! I didn't have my camera but promise to try and get a picture of them before we leave!


We are told our schedule is packed from tomorrow until Monday so we are thankful to be able to rest today. Pray for our health, that we don't get sick. Pray for our hands to be willing ministers. Pray for us to be used by the Lord. And pray for us to be witnesses for the Lord! Thank you for partnering with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment